On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 09:35:46 +0000 (UTC)
menelic <mene...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Richard Heck <rgheck <at> lyx.org> writes:
>

> > On 01/09/2014 08:13 AM, Jan David Hauck wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > half a year ago Iearned about the NonLinear Writing project at
> > > the Google Summer School:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.lyx.org/GSoC/NonLinearWriting
> > >
> > > Anyone any idea what happened to that?
> >
> > Some work was done. It may find its way into 2.2, but that is not
> > clear yet.
> >
> > Richard
> >

> This feature is of great interest o me as well, I am waiting for it
> for quite a while and have tried to check the progress of the GSOC
> project and any eventual follow up, but have not found any info after
> the (abortive?) GSOC project.
>
> I also could not find it in the road map. Richard, could you point me
> to a page where I can find out about the current status? Also, a
> guesstimate as to when 2.2 would be very helpful. Thanks a lot.

When you make the outliner module, please keep in mind that if an
outline is not lightning fast for the touch-typist, it's worse than
useless, because the author forgets the point he was trying to make
while reaching for the mouse or typing an arcane and difficult key
combination. An outliner must be faster than the author's thought
processes, and must take zero thought to operate. Otherwise, it gets in
the way.

I'm the originator of VimOutliner, and if anyone has any questions
about outlines, I'll be glad to share what I've learned.

Thanks,

SteveT