01/05/2014 23:59, Wil:
Since I never needed to explicitly enable amsmath until I started
working with parent/child documents, I never noticed this behavior until
now.

The behavior makes sense to me after I thought about it for a minute,
but it was surprising nonetheless.  I've seen this behavior in versions
2.0.3, 2.0.6, and 2.1.0 in (debian) Linux; and 2.0.3 and 2.1.0 in Mac OS
X (where the keystroke is Command-Enter.)

I agree that it is strange. Would you have an idea on how to improve the behavior? I warn you though that "add a new prefrence" is not a valid answer :)

JMarc