Dear Lyx users,
   I recently passed to Debian (wheezy - testing) from a Ubuntu machine
where I installed Lyx 2.1. To my great surprise, I found that the current
Lyx version supported in Debian is v2.0.6 because the package seems no more
maintained since last summer (see http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lyx.html
).
   Unfortunately, as you may know, Lyx 2.1 generates lyx files that are
incompatible with Lyx 2.0.6. There is the export function but it is not
convenient when you work collaboratively with peers that use Lyx 2.1 (that
is my case).
   Apart from asking colleagues to downgrade to Lyx 2.0.x (with subsequent
complaints) is there any workaround to install Lyx 2.1 in Debian? Please
consider that the current lyx package maintainer is looking for a new
maintainer: if someone in the list is a Debian passionate/expert may
consider the invitation... that would be a great aid!

Corrado

--

*Corrado Mencar *