Hi

I have solved the problem, but I think there probably is a bug in LyX 2.1. The
answer was to restart lyx (this is important or else xindy will fail). open the
LyX file and chose texindy and add -L norwegian in the option field. This made
lyx call texindy with the correct language. There seem to be something going on
with the encoding as well...

This with texindy and -L norwegian
Reading indexstyle...
Finished loading module "lang/norwegian/latin1.xdy".
Finished loading module "lang/norwegian/latin1-lang.xdy".
Finished loading module "tex/inputenc/latin.xdy".

and this with standard.
Reading indexstyle...
Finished loading module "lang/general/latin9.xdy".
Finished loading module "lang/general/latin9-lang.xdy".
Finished loading module "tex/inputenc/latin.xdy".

regards,
Ingar