On 05/11/2014 06:55 PM, Jeremy P wrote:
Hi
I download the tex file from La Tex Zip Files <http://www.grad.umn.edu/prod/groups/grad/@pub/@grad/documents/content/thesis_template_zip.zip> and It seems I cannot open thetex file in Lyx and Do you know how to do this?

This has been discussed on the list quite a lot. You can't open an arbitrary TeX file in LyX. You need a "layout" for whatever the document class is. These are
not terribly hard to write, and you will find many people who have written
layout files for thesis classes, if you search the list.

Richard