On Friday 16 May 2014 09:41:27 Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> > Today when I am writing with LyX. Suddenly the document crushed, with one
> > message says: emergency stop...I could not tell exactly.
> >
> > Then the file closed but I could not open it again later. It is really a
> > disaster for me if I lost the document.
> >
> > I write the email to ask any help I can get from you. Thank you very much
> > in advance. Looking forward to your response.
> >

> First, check if you have a backup in the backup directory set in Tools >
> Preferences > Path. If so (hopefully), you will find a backup of the file
> there.
>
> Next, open the LyX file with a text editor. If it ends with
>
> \begin_inset Tabular
>
> instead of
>
> \end_body
> \end_document
>
> then you have probably faced this bug
>
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9049
>
> Jürgen
>

> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Yan

This is happening a lot for me, since version 2.1.0.
In my case, both the original and the backup files are complete, whereas the
emergency lacks

\end_body
\end_document

and ends with

\begin_inset Tabular

I noticed that this seems to happen after I spent a long time working on the
doc without saving, i. e., when the autosave kicks in.  If I save the doc a
lot, the crash don't happen.

I'd suggest that you manually save your work and disable the autobackup in
Tools -> Preferences -> Document Handling until the fix is available.
--
Rudi Gaelzer
Institute of Physics