On 06/03/2014 05:16 PM, Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane wrote:
I am wondering why a get a different result from the GUI than from the
command line when attempting to export to a text file.
I am also wondering what incantation I would need to use to get results as
I get from the GUI by going to latex and then to text+++.

test process:
Open testexport.lyx
File->Export->Plain text
#back on command line
mv testexport.txt testexportGUI.txt
lyx --export text testexport.lyx
diff -u testexportGUI.txt testexport.txt

And in case it is not apparent, I do prefer the GUI's version of the export.

This looks like a bug. From my quick test, it appears that certain preparatory operations, involving the calculation of counters, are not performed in this case. I'd suggest you file a bug report.

BTW Pavel's patch in this post needs updated, at least in 1.6.10** and probably
later versions
http://lyx.475766.n2.nabble.com/Command-line-export-tp482733p482740.html
from "Tools->Preferences->File formats->Format" to
"Tools->Preferences->File Handling->File formats->Format"
and perhaps a further note that it is the "Short Name" which should be used on
the command line.

Sometimes we use the intermediate panel category, and sometimes not. It's a bit inconsistent.

Richard