On 06/17/2014 07:56 AM, Fabio Fiorelli wrote:
Hello everyone
I have several beamer files that I generated from lyx 2.0.6 . We had to change from XP to something else, and we went for CentOS. I managed to install and run 2.1, after a brief period using 1.6 (the version present in the repositories). It seems to run smoothly. However when I try to open the old beamer files I get the following message

    /tmp/lyx_tmpdir.qDvxspUv9932/Buffer_convertLyXFormatXXXXXX.lyx.zKzSulrV993
    ended unexpectedly, which means that it is probably corrupted

I've looked around, and I think this might be an existing incompatibility, but I did not find any lyx 2.1-specific answer.
Is there a solution to this?

There are some known issues with Beamer conversion, which we hope are solved for 2.1.1. If you want, you can download the lyx2lyx files from git.lyx.org and replace the existing ones, or just compile the 2.1.x branch for yourself. Failing that, 2.1.1 should be out in about two weeks.

Richard