I'm doing a document with lots of small margin notes.  However, the system
never puts the margin notes next to my floats.  In a couple cases, I want
the margin note to go with what's in a floating table.  LyX won't let me add
the margin note to the float.  Is there some way to do this?  Otherwise, I'm
going to have bare spots next to my tables!

I also noticed that the margin notes run right off the bottom of the page,
past the footer and sometimes onto the next page (on the original side,
which is the wrong side for dual-sided printing).  How can I get it to move
the margin notes onto the next page onto the correct side of the page
without manually moving them to a paragraph further down the page.  Every
time I edit the text I have to manually tweak the margin note placement.
There has to be a better way!