On 09/08/2014 08:58 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Ignatius Chinasa
<ignatius.chin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear sir,

How do I start typing on LyX platform so it can produce the LaTeX codes. I
mean, how do I see the LaTeX codes as I type normally the MSWord way on LyX.

I am a novice and would really appreciate if you put me through the hurdle.
I have been battling with how to go about this.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Sincerely,
Chinasa
Dear Chinasa,

Go to View > Source Pane. A pane will open at the bottom of the LyX
window that will show the LaTeX code that LyX is producing. There are
a few options you can configure as well. Note that you cannot edit the
LaTeX there. Another option is File > Export > LaTeX (pdflatex). That
will create a file containing the LaTeX.

Let me just add: Having View> Source Pane open all the time can affect performance, if you have "Automatic update" enabled, since then the LaTeX gets re-generated with every keypress. It will probably be all right if you keep it to "Current Paragraph", but if the paragraph is complex and your machine is slow, you may see problems even then.

Generally speaking, you really do not need to see the LaTeX all the time. The whole idea behind LyX is to hide the LaTeX complexities and allow you to focus on the *semantics*
of your document, not the code.

Richard