I believe it depends on what bibliography style you're using. For dcu, at
least, you can change "and" by adding the following to your preamble:

\renewcommand{\harvardand}{i}

However, for "et al." and "in" (used for articles in collections) you would
need to edit the style file. Note that "et al." is Latin, not English, so
depending on the conventions used in Croatian you may not need to change it.
(In English you occasionally see "and others" used in citations, but it is
quite rare.)

All the above is about natbib. I don't know anything about biblatex or
biber.

Of
> Goran Kardum
> Sent: 18 September 2014 12:25 PM
> To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
> Subject: Lyx and references
>
> Hi,
> I looked at introduction about Bibliographies and Bibtex in LyX using
JabRef .
> During last several months I try to write manuals for students and also
the
> book in Lyx. But, I have a problems in Croatian language especially with
> bibliography. I'm trying to solve a problem that occurs by inserting
references
> in Lyx with two or more authors. I have changed the language setting in my
> lyx document to Croatian but my in-text citations still read e.g.
(Sheppard and