On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Tao Cumplido <taocumpl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hiy Scott,
>
> thanks! Closing the source view reduced the lag significantly, but a little
> remains. Didn't expect this to be a cause of lag.
> I also tried a new document but couldn't see a noticeable change.
> I'm using Lyx 2.1.1 in a virtualized linux.
>
> Regards,
> Tao

Good to know. You'll also notice a difference if you have the source
view set to view just the current paragraph's source versus the entire
document's source. The reason why it causes lag is because after every
keystroke (or backspace), LyX has to reexport the entire document to
LaTeX to show you the source. This is what takes time.

Note that there are other reasons why LyX can lag. I imagine there are
several spaces where LyX could optimize but from what I understand it
is hard to track this down. We are always interested in patches :)

Best,

Scott