On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:30:52 +0200, Jim Oldfield <quietbritish...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

As for why your workaround isn't working (if it isn't), I don't know. If no one else replies, you may have to ask on a more general LaTeX forum / list. http://tex.stackexchange.com/ usually gets very good answers.

The reason I asked here first is the context of LyX that might be relevant in this case (why don't you just write \secref instead of \vref)

I just noticed that the format I want to have in the document is actually "Formatted Reference on Page <Page>" (which should be generated by the re-definition of).

Hugo