Near the top of my document I have a citation imported from JabRef. When I
try to compile the document as a dvi preview an error is generated and a
block of text a few lines below that citation is highlighted:
 \newblock {\em Ecology}, 94(12):26780--
                                              2687.
You need to provide a definition with \DeclareInputText or \DeclareInputMath before using this key.

  The citation above the blocked text is not from Ecology and I cannot find
that reference in the JabRef database.

  Please provide suggestions how I can find the source of this error.

TIA,

Rich