On Oct 4, 2014 11:57 AM, "stefano franchi" <stefano.fran...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > I understand that, but why is this?
> >
> > Why not?
>
> Sorry my message got truncated. What I meant to say was:
> Why does LyX fail compilation when programs like kile are able to
continue past the error? It does not seem to be a technical constraint but
a conscious decision.

> I understand that the error will need to be fixed sooner or later. But in
some tricky cases (like this one) the error may hard to find. Indeed I have
already spent four hour bisecting my document and I haven't pinned it down
yet. As I keep looking, my only choice to keep working on the content is to
export to latex and compile from command line or form mile. Wouldn't it be
better to emulate the latter behavior in LyX? Unless I'm wrong about the
technical constraints, of course.

I meant "from kile" ! Damned autocorrect