Am 17.10.2014 um 04:11 schrieb Maria Gouskova <gousk...@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having a similar problem with a related package--xyling (it
> relies on xypic, just has some extra macros for linguistic trees).
>
> OS 10.6.8
> LyX 2.1.2
>
> File attached. When I hit ps2pdf to preview, the file just does not
> appear, although LyX thinks it's successfully made a PDF. I can create
> a pdf from a minimal file using Postscript, but something is wrong
> with the PS2PDF script. Unfortunately, I cannot generate a PDF from my
> more complex file using Postscript--that one also reports successful
> file creation, but not PS or PDF appears.
>
> Oh, and there is no cx folder in /var/folders on my system.

This is a temporary directory and the name is random. You can see the
start of in in the preference pane. The "cx" etc. referred to the path
in Dough's email post.

For normal preview operation you don't need to know it. The menu item
Document -> LaTeX Log knows where to look for the log file. The View
"Complete Log" button does the same.

The preview problem of Dough is the inline display of code snippets
and the log of this is not that easily found.

> XeTeX and LuaTeX both have command definition conflicts for xyling,
> but I've had problems generating PDFs with the simplest files using
> these methods since about 2.1 (both return an error about the \sups
> command being already defined). Not using \sups in the test file, as
> you can see.

The xyling_fail.lyx document works for me. The xetex_fail.lyx leads to
the \sups problem too. It goes away when removing "\usepackage{tipa}"
from the preamble. After this it compiles if one adds the missing
closing brace of the "\newcommand{\rul} …" definition.

Stephan