On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 11:14 AM, DRogers <wa7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Too slow for Wordstar cp/m?  Back in the day, I used an Epson PX-8 with dual
> disk drives and a 128K RAM pack -- all of which I still have. It ran a ROM
> based Wordstar. If you had a 4 page document and you made a small change in
> the middle of it, you could hit return then go fix lunch, eat it at a
> leisurely rate, then fix and drink a cup of coffee and MAYBE it would be
> finished thinking through the change. And I am exaggerating only very
> slightly.
>
> It seems a little better on my NEC PC-8500, but I have never done any long
> documents on it.
>
> David

My only experience of CP/M is with the WordStar on the 8500.

So maybe I'm spoiled :-)

Anyway, for those interested there is a project to port CP/M to the
Model 100 w/ 64K all-RAM hardware. MTCPM. I host a mailing list,
subversion server for it. Steve Adolph created the necessary hardware.
Ken and I created external disk service software. Phil Avery has done
most of the actual CP/M porting work so far.

http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=MTCPM

More devs with time to work on the project are always welcome.

-- John.