Can I trouble the list with a question regarding programming?

What are the options for programming the Model 100 other than BASIC and machine code, if any?

My Retrochallenge 2015/07 entry this year will centre around creating a custom ROM for my Model 102 and I know I'll make more progress on the software if I can code it in language like C. I have been investigating the options for generic 8080/8085 code generation with a view to customizing the output to target the Model 100 architecture. At the moment the most convenient solution looks like it will be a custom target for the SmallC compiler, but there are other options which are generally CP/M based.

Thanks for the help, Mark.