Hi Ray,
What is your HIMEM set to? It should be set to just below where TS-DOS loads. Otherwise, loading a program could overwrite TS-DOS and crash it.

Don

On 07/09/2015 08:48 AM, Ray Lopez wrote:
Hi All,

I've been having to do a lot of writing lately, so I decided to dust off one of my lovely Tandy 102s.

I had used it heavily about 3 years ago, and never had a problem with saving and retrieving files from my NADSBox, using TS-DOS.

I installed TS-DOS using the DSKMGR.100 BASIC file. The install went smoothly, and all seemed OK. I was able to save and retrieve *.DO files easily to and from the 102 and my NADSBox.

Then I tried to load a *.BA program from the NADSBox to my 102, and this is where everything went wrong. The *.BA program loaded onto my 102, but it wrote itself into RAM that was being used by another *.BA program I had there, or by the TS-DOS *.CO file itself!

I tried doing some CLEAR commands in the BASIC interpreter prior to loading *.BA files, to no avail. The *.BA files would get loaded, then would eventually cause the 102 to do a hard reset, taking me back to January 1, 1900. :-)

I know this is really basic stuff, but I have spent hours combing through the references on club100.org and bitchin100.com and have not had any luck. It's weird because I never had this problem before, but I am clearly forgetting something very basic.

If anyone has any advice on what I am doing wrong in this scenario, I would be much obliged. thanks!

RL