Good Job, Ken..
I can not wait till this TDock project is done and working on the M100,
M102 and TANDY 200.

John M

Ken says:
The goals of TDock:

  1.  Provide an HDMI LCD video interface for Model T (a DVI replacement).
  2.  It should work with M100, T102, T200 and PC8201.
  3.  Provide a TPDD client to USB Thumb drives or SD cards (NADSBox
  substitute).
  4.  Provide an interface capable of supporting networking.
  5.  Provide an interface for printing to modern printers.
  6.  While not a goal, it also provides 13 I/O pins (well 11 I/O and 2
  input only) on the pass-thru LPT port when not connected to a printer.

  The implementation in the picture is a daughter card for the Raspberry Pi
  2 B (a "Pi Hat").  It connects with the Model T parallel port for primary
  communication of video data, but also has an RS-232 port (and a BCR port).
  It also has a "pass-through" LPT connector where your old LPT printer can
  be connected.  Making TDock a Pi Hat was the simplest and cheapest
  approach, though it is not very portable and has the requirement of
booting
  / shutting down Linux.

  My other ideas involved simple microcontrollers or FPGAs to provide HDMI /
  VGA.  They would have been more portable, but also more expensive.  The
  general theme on this list always seems to be "cheap" (though I prefer the
  word "inexpensive"), so I decided to give up portablily in favor of lower
  cost.

  Ken