I don't have a NADSBox. I'm using:

- Rex ROM for local storage on one M102. Active workspace is always saved to
Rex ROM, I do this very frequently.
- Matrix printer connected to the M102 I'm actively working on. When I'm
finished, I print out the BASIC program version I just wrote. Just in case.
- Another M102 via serial null modem cable for duplication of the 1st M102's
active workspace, usually just for the file I'm working on. This second one
does not have a Rex ROM.
- PC USB serial adapter with a null modem cable for additional backups and file
transfers, and for more permanent storage.

What also works and I have tested:
- Audio storage (cassette interface) to Zoom H4n recorder, 48 kHz rate without
compression. This uses SD cards.

What does not work (for me at least):
- Audio storage (cassette interface) to an iPhone (I suscept there is audio
compression that coreupts the data, but did not check it)

So, a high bitrate, no-compression audio recorder would be a good alternative
to a cassette drive. You could use a cheap laptop with the freeware program
Audacity, too.

Then again, cassette drives (any recording deck will do) are ideal for the job.
And cassettes are very cheap. I usually tweak a single BASIC program for
months, so there is no need for a massive storage anyway.

Cheers!