Thanks!  :)

From: M100 [mailto:m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com] On Behalf Of
JohnMartinSent: Sunday, May 08, 2016 7:03 PMTo:
m100@lists.bitchin100.coSubject: [M100] M100 list question I have a TRS 80
Model 100. Usually I use the BASIC application build in onthe Model 100 to type
BASIC programs and then save them on the Model 100. There are many files in .BA
at Rick Hanson's Club100 website. But I have atoshiba laptop running Windows
10. I download the .BA files to my laptop.The question I have to ask. How can I
convert the .BA file saved in mydownload folder in Windows 10 to be transferred
to the Model 100? I do not want to type the .BA program in Microsoft Word and
save it as a.doc file. I do have a cable with null modem adapter. But I do not
have theexpertise or any instructions on how to do this. I just want to know
how totransfer a Model 100 .BA file from Windows 10 to the Model 100. John
Martin-------------- next part --------------An HTML attachment was
scrubbed...URL:
<http://lists.bitchin100.com/private.cgi/m100-bitchin100.com/attachments/20160508/134d1af2/attachment-0001.htm>------------------------------Message:
 4Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 22:08:01 -0400From: "Mike Stein"
<mhs.st...@gmail.com>To: "Model 100 Discussion"
<m100@lists.bitchin100.com>Subject: Re: [M100] M100 list questionMessage-ID:
<F6A63581927E4EF783315F8CEC0EAACA@310e2>Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"Hi John,As Bob said, the .BA files on Club100 are almost
all in normal ASCII text format; you might want to rename them with a .txt or
.do extension on the Windows side and they *must* have a .do extension on the
M100 side. If you open them in Notepad you should be able to read them; in the
unlikely event that you see a bunch of indecipherable letters and symbols then
it really is a tokenized (.BA) file and transferring is a little more
complicatedIf your null-modem cable arrangement is correct, it should be
straightforward to transfer files back and forth; check this
out:http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=Text_File_Transfer_using_Hyperterminaland
 let us know how you make out (you can use any Windows-compatible terminal
program (e.g. PuTTY, TeraTerm etc.) if you can't find a free copy of
Hyperterm):There are other ways but that should get you started; you might
check out some of the other stuff on bitchin100 while you're there.Good
luck!mike  ----- Original Message -----   From: John Martin   To:
m100@lists.bitchin100.com   Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2016 7:02 PM  Subject: [M100]
M100 list question  I have a TRS 80 Model 100. Usually I use the BASIC
application build in on the Model 100 to type BASIC programs and then save them
on the Model 100.  There are many files in .BA at Rick Hanson's Club100
website. But I have a toshiba laptop running Windows 10. I download the .BA
files to my laptop. The question I have to ask. How can I convert the .BA file
saved in my download folder in Windows 10 to be transferred to the Model 100?
I do not want to type the .BA program in Microsoft Word and save it as a .doc
file. I do have a cable with null modem adapter. But I do not have the
expertise or any instructions on how to do this. I just want to know how to
transfer a Model 100 .BA file from Windows 10 to the Model 100.  John
Martin-------------- next part --------------An HTML attachment was
scrubbed...URL:
<http://lists.bitchin100.com/private.cgi/m100-bitchin100.com/attachments/20160508/c2e1d2cc/attachment-0001.htm>------------------------------Message:
 5Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 20:02:57 -0700From: "John R. Hogerhuis"
<jho...@pobox.com>To: Model 100 Discussion <m100@lists.bitchin100.com>Subject:
[M100] Unicode mappings - Font?Message-ID:
<CACutKUhA3XiWhL95xoQt0rDpqbG=ukawqax+wrstxs8t9yc...@mail.gmail.com>Content-Type:
 text/plain; charset="utf-8"So the unicode mappings were revisited recently. I
applied the mapping inone of my PC programs. I was trying to view some stuff
with a large amountof "block graphics" in it on a PC and it looked really
bad.Are there better fonts that I should be using with M100 text rendered
inUnicode? Particularly for the block graphics characters?--
John.-------------- next part --------------An HTML attachment was
scrubbed...URL:
<http://lists.bitchin100.com/private.cgi/m100-bitchin100.com/attachments/20160508/913b8d12/attachment-0001.htm>------------------------------Message:
 6Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 09:03:42 -0500From: Steven Ranft
<s_ra...@hotmail.com>To: Club 100 Model T <m100@lists.bitchin100.com>Subject:
Re: [M100] Null Modem CableMessage-ID:
<bay169-w50396098d7a72b4ee51cd08c...@phx.gbl>Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"Welcome Matt,I have be a member and reading the wealth of
info available through the Model-T community for over a year.  I have found
enough on-line info to keep me busy for weeks straight. But only play and learn
a few hours per week now.  If you are patient enough to read through it all,
almost EVERYTHING you could want to know is available.I am in of favor the new
group on Facebook as Public out-reach, Not as the repository of info.Club 100
has  been doing a great job collecting  and preserving this knowledge for
years. I hope it continues to be the GO-TO spot!Sharing the information from
the Club 100 site and mail list repositories on other groups doesn't harm
anyone.Starting a Yahoo or other group could help spread the word about these
wonderful little machines.Any how:  THANK YOU!!  Bruce James for helping to
spread the word! The name of the group is:Retro portable pcs and Palm tops
winceIt can be viewed at:https://www.facebook.com/groups/858125747631200/I am
not saying you should use the site, but I am saying I can't see any harm in
people doing so.BTW: It is NOT specifically dedicated to M100 or Model-T
computers. Perhaps there should be a Facebook group that is?But it might reach
more people that are unaware of the Model-T if it ISN'T a Model-T specific
group!>endSteve Ranft Savage, MNDate: Sat, 7 May 2016 07:46:56 -0400From:
oasiscorpmse@gmail.comTo: m100@lists.bitchin100.comSubject: [M100] Null Modem
CableHi folks, I am brand-new to both the mailing list and to Model Townership.
 I did not become aware of these machines until just a fewmonths ago when I was
watching some vintage computer reviews on Youtube andcame across a video review
of the Model 100.  I became fascinated enoughwith the machine that I finally
purchased one off of ebay and have beenabsurdly distracted by it since it
arrived earlier this week (much to thechagrin of my wife).  Anyway, I have been
spending a great deal of time onthe club website in order to learn the best way
to get started with the machineand determine what the best setup might be for a
newbie like myself. While I continue working through that process, I thought
that a good startingpoint might be a null modem cable so that I can connect
with my Linux-basednetbook.  I already have an unused USB-to-serial cable, and
a DB25 male connector,so I went out on Amazon in search of a DB9 female
connector.  I discoveredthat the price of the connector was almost the same as
a completed null-modemcable and was wondering if a prefabricated cable (such as
this one:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000083K2R/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3QIIL8OEWJF44&coliid=I36MV5UPCCATS9&psc=1)would
 work with a Model 100,

Thomas A. McKean, HOKC