Yes!  I've revived many "dead" m100/m102/m200/8201A by simply plugging them in
for 24 hours.

      From: Bert Put <b...@bellsouth.net>
 To: Model 100 Discussion <m100@lists.bitchin100.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:08 PM
 Subject: Re: [M100] Attempting to restore an NEC 8201A

After all that,  I hope you've tried the old standard that works on the
m-100... leave it turned off with batteries in the tray or on the power supply
overnight and let the internal ni-cd charge up.   If these units have not been
used for a while the internal ni-cd may have discharged to the point where the
unit will not start.  Good luck.
Cheers,     Bert