How can club100 own option rom rights?

I have no problem supporting people doing something good like providing
that resource, but I am curious on what basis they could own or claim
rights to those roms.

I don't see that it matters anyway. Building the rex does not involve
copying or distributing the roms unless you were to sell pre-loaded units.
Even the ts-dos you included in the 4.9 upgrade kit isn't necessary except
in so far as the installer expects to see it. The installer could simply
not do that.

Actually that's a good idea, I'll reset a unit and run through the 4.9
install without ts-dos present in the dlplus shared directory and see if
the installer completes gracefully without it.

As for NEC, if a different router path would break nec support, then the
nec version could just be an nec branch in git. Or the m100 version could
be an m100 branch in git.