Hi Frank,

Using Kicad is certainly a possibility, though I have never used it and it would be a bit of a learning curve. I know Cadence Allegro like the back of my hand as I have done many PCB designs over the past 3 years using this package.

Does Kicad import from Orcad schematic? The schematic doesn't need to be redone (other than any parts that my be obsolete / unavailable).

Ken