From: M100 [mailto:m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com] On Behalf Of John Gardner
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 9:24 AM
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: Re: [M100] Model 100 serial port

...the problem is somewhere between the db25 and the UART...

Most likely.  I'm no great troubleshooter,  but if I may...

Set up a test file which contains a long series of 0xAAs,  as in

10101010...

Send the file at a baud rate which is easy for you to see with

whatever you've got for test equipment.

While the file is being sent,  look for the signal.  When you find it,

the fault is between that point & the DB25.  I expect the problem

is either a PCB trace,  solder joint,  a defective buffer,  or the DB25

connector itself (It happens...).

There's also a small possibility that the UART is at fault,  but not likely.

I'd be interested to hear what you find.