I have both a Scarlet and PC-8500.  So if it is indeed for them, I'd be
interested too.

From: Gary Weber <g...@web8201.com>To: "m...@bitchin100.com"
<m...@bitchin100.com>Sent: ‎Saturday‎, ‎August‎ ‎26‎, ‎2017‎ ‎11‎:‎43‎:‎39‎
‎PM‎ ‎EDTSubject: Re: [M100] NEC "PC-8434A utility disk"
Are you sure it doesn't say NEC PC-8431A Utility Disk?   Guess I would expect
the number to be the same as the model of the disk drive, which the System Disk
also has.  In any case it does sound like it would almost have to be extra
CP/M-related stuff for the NEC PC-8401A (Starlet) & PC-8500 CP/M machines that
use the NEC PC-8431A disk system.
If you would care to get rid of it, I'll gladly take it off your hands (for
whatever you wish) and add it to my NEC archive of stuff.
Gary