for fun I tested it with the EME systems software called COMROM - for
and run TS-DOS into bank 0.

In many ways REXCPM based on SRAM is better than REX based on flash.  It
does everything REX does, but it can also support file storage like a disk
drive easily, which for flash is quite difficult (at least for me).

But it is harder to make, and requires wires.  So less plug and play.