Well, the DTR/DSR loopback became moot.  Both of the shifters that I
had that supported DSR/DTR failed.  I couldn't get them to work at all
(even without the DTR/DSR settings).  I think I messed them up a while
back.

But it seems that 1200 BPS will work off the internal Mega serial
ports with the known good shifter that I have.

So this project is a success.  Thanks to all of you who helped me out.
I appreciate it.

My project is documented on github
(https://github.com/rlauzon/MemoSaver) if you want to see what I did.

It was a simple project, but it helped me pass the time until I start
my new job on Monday.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://webpages.charter.net/rlauzon/

TRS-80 Pocket Computer 2 - TRS-80 Pocket Computer 4 - TRS-80 Model 100/102
Some people like to work on old cars.  But old computers are cheaper
and don't require a big garage.