I got my WiModem232 yesterday and had some time to play with it today.

1. I could not get it to communicate reliably at any speed > 600 BPS.
Anything over that and it dropped characters.  As far as I know the
cable I'm using is a straight through 25 pin male to male cable.  So
hardware flow control should work.
2. My WiFi's password "Was a really long passphrase, eh?".  I had to
shorten the passphrase to allow it to connect to my WiFi.  It refused
to connect with my long password with spaces in it.
3. Network scanning didn't work.  Known bug that a new firmware will
fix, but you have to get it connected to your WiFi do to that.

After figuring out those things, I did a quick connect to a random
telnet BBS and it worked fine.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://webpages.charter.net/rlauzon/

TRS-80 Pocket Computer 2 - TRS-80 Pocket Computer 4 - TRS-80 Model 100/102
Some people like to work on old cars.  But old computers are cheaper
and don't require a big garage.