Yep. We'll done

I had a single board Z80 forth computer that died about 8 years after I
built it because one of those NiCads leaked.   It only had ribbed traces.
Not full solder resist. So it had no chance.

I automatically remove them from anything that comes my way before they
kill it.

Supercapacitors are a great replacement.

Doug