John, all I meant by conflict is if TSDOS in RAM (16k ish?) + my code(8k
ish?) cause the M100 to run out of memory.  TSDOS is a lot of program to
merely load one .CO.  But I really don't know specifically if everything
can reside in RAM at the same time with a low CLEAR at 55000.

when himem is not set correctly, ... a .CO program beeps, of course, on
failed start up.  I don't recall but I don't think that any of my routines
beep.  they might.  I really don't remember ;)