On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 12:18 PM Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> seems like DVI is a failure from the perspective of ... what software is
> actually written that can leverage it?
> Are there any applications?
> (ties into my objective of a video card for M100...DVI compatibility may be
> useless)
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:10 AM Greg Swallow <gswal...@mchsi.com> wrote:
>>
>> Josh,
>>
>> Yes. This morning I was able to have TS-DOS loaded/running with DVI. REXMGR
>> must be unloaded. Mad TS-DOS the active ROM and start the DVI process. But,
>> don't try using TS-DOS from SCREEN1. It gets messing. Much in the same as
>> SuperROM does.

So, now I'm hearing conflicting reports. Greg S. seems to indicate
that TS-DOS doesn't interfere with use of the DVI drives, while Brian
W. points to evidence that they don't work together and required
workarounds. Now I wish I'd bought that DVI back at Tandy ASM so I
could test it. :-/

I think one question to ask is "What's the procedure for copying a
file from TPDD to DVI disk?". My total guess is that, using REX, it
would be:

1. Activate REXMGR and TS-DOS
2. Copy file from TPDD to RAM using TS-DOS
3. Deactivate TS-DOS
4. Deactivate REXMGR
5. Boot DVI DOS
6. Copy file from RAM to DVI

with the possibility that step 3 may not be required per Greg S.'s experience.

-Josh