In article
<cacyr_h-jxj+48uj5o4wayq0qfhqctgr0gdahtnorx-ojeez...@mail.gmail.com>,

> I thought this too, but I couldn't get sustainable transfer using
> anything above 58e1e (I also tried without the parity check but it
> didn't work better).

> It seems the serial buffer of the M100 is too small for reliably use
> xon-xoff.

It's basically bufferbloat on the other side. The PC/Mac/whatev recieves
an XOFF and sticks it in a large recieve buffer and goes on with blasting
bytes at the M100. By the time it gets around to actually *processing* the
XOFF it's already overrun the M100's buffer. :-(

Faster serial transfers work best with things like old DOS term programs
that don't know about 16650 FIFOs. ;-)

I never had any trouble with Procomm under msdos on a 386. Minicom under
Linux is nothing but trouble!

Willard

--
Willard Goosey  goo...@sdc.org