I removed the batteries last night and plugged into the power adaptor.
Couldn't get it going again.I left it plugged in and got it to boot at lunch.
Running now (6:24p ET).
Turned it on and off a few times.  Booting right up.
I have 4 fresh batteries.  I'll insert them now.  Turn off.  Unplug adaptor.
Batteries in.  Hmm.  Fired right up.
Well, it's either an intermittent issue or it takes much longer to charge up
the internal 3.6v battery than I thought.