There are links to buy 3d-printed carriers from your choice of a few
different professional 3d-printing services, and bare boards, and
components to populate the boards, and directions how to put it all
together here:

http://tandy.wiki/REX

Specifically in "Build Your Own REX"
Three links right near the top.

BUT, that requires some non-trivial soldering. This is basically how to buy
all the parts and make them yourself.

I don't know if anyone is currently offering to build this version for
sale. It's a pretty recent development. But I have built several for myself
so I know they work, mechanically, electrically, and software.

A standard original REX1 can be sanded down to fit in this carrier,
including the chamfer.

Just sand all 4 edges equally until it is 16mm x 38.2mm, and then sand the
chamfer corner by eye until it fits.(1.9x1.9mm)

This will just graze the edge of 3 of the jtag through-holes, and the TP1 &
TP2 through-holes, and the chamfer will eat into TP2 a little more than
just grazing.

Most likely you will never actually use any of those connections anyway,
but all those connections remain usable, even TP2. The sanding doesn't
break anything.

The sanding kisses the edges of some of the through-holes, and actually
gets into one hole a little, but does not come near any of the traces that
connect to those through holes, and the most aggressively cut one TP2 isn't
cut enough to prevent using it physically (soldering a wire or a pin header
to it)

So if you have a regular REX, you can just buy a pcb2molex8878 carrier from
Shapeways or Sculpteo, and sand your rex down until it fits.

http://shpws.me/RqW3

Be careful to do it evenly though, so that the castellated edge contacts
stay centered and aligned with the pins in the socket. Sand the jtag end a
little, then the TP1/TP2 end a little, switching back & forth so you don't
end up sanding one end more than the other. Worst case, you can get away
with making the board shorter than 38.2mmand it will just be a little loose
in the carrier, but should still be trapped by the retainer wedges. If the
pcb is shorter than the holder, then it will just self-center on the pins
when you insert the carrier into the socket.

I would sand by hand only. Lay 120-160grit paper down on a flat surface and
run the rex on the paper. (rather than say, filing on the rex or trying to
use a sanding block or even worse a grinder or belt sander etc. Flip the
rex around in your hand frequently to avoid going off-square.

Here is a mock-up. This is an original REX1 pcb with the edge.cut
dimensions changed to what I said above, to emulate the sanding.

top
http://tandy.wiki/File:REX1_pcb2molex8878_sanded_1.png

bottom
http://tandy.wiki/File:REX1_pcb2molex8878_sanded_2.png

----

There is a version of the carrier that doesn't have the chamfer, but now
that I see that you can actually sand the chamfer into an original REX
without killing it, and you would still have to sand the ends and sides
down the same way anyway, I don't see much point in it, except for some
other pcb not a REX1.

http://shpws.me/RuGh

(I keep saying "REX1" because Steve has made other versions REX2, REX3 etc
which are totally different.)