Valid points Brian. An emulator should just emulate.

 The differences in line endings between, Mac, Linux, and Windows can be a real
pain. Without a ^Z at the end of a file you are basically dead in the water
when trying to load a .DO file. If you have a standard text file that is
generated on a Linux machine and you rename it to a .DO, you end up with a file
that you cannot load onto your Model-T due to the line endings and the lack of
EOF. Having the ability to "Fix" the file so it doesn't break the machine would
be nice since doing it by hand is a pain. But as you have stated, it leads to
corrupt files being propagated all over the place.

If I happen to make a change to mComm for Android, I would most likely have the
default behavior as it is now and add a checkbox setting which would turn on
the ability to fix line endings and file endings.

Kurt