I'm using the m100 and especially the nec roms as a cross reference for my MSX
disassembly (and vice versa).
They are so close and in many cases it is of great help in identifying the
constant values and the dynamic data, vectors, etc.
In this way I'm now able to modify both the MSX and, still with some limit, the
m100 ROMs.  In the latter case I could rip off the terminal and modem programs
(also from the directory) and use the gained space to improve the BASIC.
I'd like to waste some more time and extract a generic portable BASIC from
those sources, e.g. to see it run on, say, a zx spectrum, but moving it all in
a 16k rom is probably VERY challenging.
The similarities with the MSX are interesting, the nec has almost the same
tokenization mechanism, but a different (older) floating point implementation,
all the other models have the same FP engine (double precision, BCD encoding)
but a different (older) way to deal with tokens. I suppose it was done to fit
the code in the available space in ROM.
Being able to assemble the program permits to quickly generate a MAP file.   I
think I found most of the used addresses and associated them to the declared
asm labels.