Thanks, John.

The REX and battery I ordered from Arcadeshopper will be here next week;
I'll take the system back apart and swap the battery then.

I'm still amazed at the thought that this battery has held out for 32
years. Even with the memory power switch off, I'd have expected it to
self-destruct by now. I guess I still have more to learn. =)

In the meantime, I'm trying to understand the option ROM situation a little
more, so I can decide what's useful when the REX gets here. Is there a
listing somewhere of the option ROMs that have been made for this system,
with detailed descriptions?

Tom Wilson
wilso...@gmail.com
(619)940-6311