My advice is to keep your eyes open and just be patient. I got a perfect
T-102 on EBay for less than $100. I just kept looking every day and jumped
on the auction when it came up. I've found some nice items over the last
few weeks, including two Model T computers (I've already passed one along
to another member here), and a pristine early model VIC-20 with the PET
style keys (those are super valuable. I don't know why this one was listed
for $90 when they usually sell for $400 or more.)

So the key is just to keep your eyes open and jump at the right time...
but, most importantly, read the description and only deal with good
sellers. It's usually pretty easy to tell the good guys from the bad
actors. I also tend to avoid salvagers who load down an auction with
boilerplate. If a seller doesn't take the time to write out the details of
an auction and doesn't know what he's selling, I skip to the next one.

Likewise, "RARE", "Museum Item", or "l@@k". in an auction title.... I pass
those by. Those sellers are often the worst offenders when it comes to
pricing, quality, or deceptive listings.

Tom Wilson
wilso...@gmail.com
(619)940-6311
K6ABZ