According to my information, version R2C1D.BX was some kind of development
version, undocumented as far as I can tell.

I use RC2100.BX myself, but only the ROM II portion ("CALLl 911" from BASIC
each time you want to use one of it's functions), and have defined F6, in
BASIC to access it { type: KEY 6,"CALL 911"+CHR$(13) }. BASIC will remember
this F6 definition until you change it or cold boot.

I just checked the Cleuseau portion ("CALL 63012") and I also see that
Cleuseau seems to disable upon power cycle. Since I don't use it, I never
noticed this behaviour. The REX documentation does not say if when
activating an Option ROM, it stays active thru power cycles. Only that REX
remembers which Option ROM you have selected to be the default one. REX
also uses the CALL 63012 command to initialize itself, so I would expect
there to be some power on conflict there.

Regards,

Peter