I somewhat, vaguely recall this posting last summer from you. I had my mind on
other things as there were painters in the house and they were doing more
damage than good. That being said I would like to make this one statement very
clear concerning this project.

SIGN ME UP!!

Late last year I bought a T102 from a eBay seller. The seller was very iffy
about the 102 status. It was under $100 so I thought why not. Was very
disappointed to find out it would not power on or do anything batteries or not.
Subsequent investigation led me to find that the power hardware on the main
board suffered some type of damage, corrosion, burn out.

Well I'm not the creative hardware type, at the moment I thought why not build
a Z 80 version of the main board? I figured after 35 or so years a lot of the
support chips and circuitry required for a Z 80 in any M100 series must be
smaller on demands for circuitry  now. Taking a second look, cassette
interface, audio, etc (cause why not?), I feel the effort to be now, daunting.

I'm still looking to fix my T102, but the idea of an add on faster processor is
fine as well.

Please keep us posted. I reiterate,
SIGN ME UP!!