Hehe, yeah, if it couldn’t be a sign of trouble it would definitely be cool ;).
I remember that other 80’s computers made these kinds of sounds while
processing. I know our Philips P2000T did and later our Amstrad CPC464 as
well…. Cheap analog electronics I guess…

I did double and triple check the polarity of the caps, so I don’t think that’s
the problem.

Erik