From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> On Behalf Of B4 Me100
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 4:17 PM
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: Re: [M100] M100 Digest, Vol 115, Issue 2

Very common problem ³generally" caused by bad electrolytic caps on the -5V
output line.  The -5V is used to provide the contrast voltage for the LCD so
when it fails the screen will fade out. If you recap the board it should go
some way to fixing the problem.  It will also help the +5V line too which
should prevent other issues.

When replacing the caps check for damaged tracks under the caps - might cause
frustrations down the line as they go open circuit and prevent other parts
working.

On 2/7/20, 2:06 PM, "M100 on behalf of Steve Glenner"
<m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com on behalf of steveglen...@hotmail.com>