My head is spinning with the innovation taking place here the last 10 years.
    On Friday, July 24, 2020, 03:59:21 PM EDT, Stephen Adolph
<twospru...@gmail.com> wrote:

 yah I think so. It is only slightly larger than the 40 pin socket.  should
drop it place.
I can share the mods I made to the M100 ROM.  You might have a hard time to get
a working ROM for NEC.The reason why is that, on the M100 ROM, I have a patch
that creates a BIG HOLE. I found an optimization in how the video code worked,
and my patch makes something like 170 bytes free in the ROM.I use that hole to
embed code to work around the various changes to back out / change the calls
that use SIM and RIM.
(The M100 rom does not make use of the undocumented commands of the 8085.
So it is a good challenge for you Gary-  Modify the NEC ROM to work with NSC800.
..Steve