Good morning Victor and welcome to the list.

Based on the description, that is almost certainly a RAMPAC.  I still
have the documentation for mine but I seem to have lost the device many
years ago.  If I recall correctly, the device is a metal case, painted
black?  These days I use a NADSBox (which uses SD cards) and there are
PC-based solutions that also work very well.

Cheers,    Bert