THIS here is why I'm concerned about joining to a venue that brags about censorship. This
message right here. And it has nothing to do with "politics". It has to do with
being able to choose my words for myself to describe what I want to say... *on topic*
without constantly sweating about keeping those with power happy.

No, it wasn't okay to bring up that specific concern about Discord, because
that specific concern made it political. An assertion that Discord censors
would have been enough. And I'm so tired of people assuming their particular
pet opinions are popular, and for that reason are therefore factual; regardless
of the topic. Such as an argument to which I was exposed awhile back over
systemd.

Another concern I have with Discord is an assertion someone else made:
"I would be happy to use IRC if we could get a 3k wide audio stream out of it - That
would be an interesting client to write......"

Audio chat? No thank you. the lack of 3k wide audio stream is a point in IRC's favor in
my opinion. Audio chat seems almost contrary to a "retro" mindset, to begin
with. I've been irritated more than many times by players of MMOs (such as EverQuest and
WoW) requiring Discord participation to join on raids et al. IMO it absolutely destroys
immersion.

Aside from the fact that I don't want to hear people's voices, while I'm in chat I do
other things. Right now I'm on and IRC channel dedicated to the pinephone; I'm also
typing this email and listening to Cinemasins sin "Chicken Little". Later I may
have some music on while I work on several other things... while in IRC. I don't need to
hear voices while I multitask.

Message: 9