Clever.
    On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 07:04:10 PM EDT, Jeffrey Birt
<bir...@soigeneris.com> wrote:

Well, the title is not exactly correct, but it conveys the general idea. I was
building b4me100’s M100-T102 test harness which he cleverly designed to plug
into the T102 SysBus connector. For the M100 if you make up a DIP-40 to IDC-40
ribbon cable you wind up with the same pinout as the T102 and it will plug into
the test harness as well. I was struggling to get a good crimp on the 40-pin
DIP IDC connector. My cheap handheld crimp tool was not up to the task. Once I
got a good crimp I found trying to install/remove the DIP adapter difficult.
What a silly idea Kyocera had using a DIP socket as an expansion connector.

I made this little PCB to adapt the DIP40 socket to a standard 2x20 box header.
This allows using a simple straight through 40-pin ribbon cable. With the cable
plugged into the adapter it does stick down form the bottom of the M100 but as
it is for testing purposes, I don’t see this as a major limitation. It is also
a lot easier to install the remove.

I had a few made up by OSH park and can share the project if anyone want to get
some made for themselves. I’ll also be ordering from PCBWay in a few weeks so
if there is interest, I can add some to my order, it won’t affect the shipping
cost and that will make the boards very inexpensive.

Jeff Birt