Holy smokes, that's great progress!

________________________________
From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> on behalf of Stephen Adolph
<twospru...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 4:40 PM
To: m...@bitchin100.com <m...@bitchin100.com>
Subject: [M100] evolution of Z80 in M100

A while back I wrote a bit about an NSC800 Adapter, which can be used to
exchange the venerable 80C85 for the lesser known but Z80 compatible NSC800.

My first adapter has been running smoothly for a while, at the same 2.5 MHz.

I'm about to ship out a new version which does something new.  It ups the clock
speed for the NSC800 processor to 4MHz.  That is the fastest speed grade device
that was produced for the NSC800.

So, that should support a significantly faster LCD operation, and generally
faster computing.  Not that it is critical for enjoyment of CP/M or anything,
but it does put the M100 in the class of a pretty fast CP/M machine.

It will operate in BASIC mode in M100 too ;)
And I have Teeny running for NSC800, too...

When I have it working I will follow up.
Steve