Steve,

  I understand, prototypes or one-offs are not the same as production.

  You could also use their 3169 series. This is pre-mounted onto a
removable Kaptan tape strip. See the following link:
3169-0-61-15-00-00-03-0 - Double Tail Header Pin | Mill-Max Mfg. Corp.
(mill-max.com)
<https://www.mill-max.com/products/pin/3169/3169-0-61-15-00-00-03-0>

  This may save you some time if you made a jig to hold the strips steady.
I would make a wooden block with CNC drilled holes to hold the spacing, but
if you designed your PCB with the correct hole size for the tails, it
should center up nicely by itself

  My main concern would be not to "stretch" the screw machine socket that
the "daughter" board is plugging into out of shape. So for me, the cost of
the pins would outweigh the potential socket damage. Replacing the socket
may damage the PCB, so I would pay extra for the "plug solution", even
though it never gets removed.

  I have also used the Mill-Max pins where the "daughter" board is
non-removable. I replaced my T102s RAM memory with a 256K daughter board
assy decades before REX was a product. It is 32K banked, and works fine
with REX, so I never removed it. It is instantaneous to switch banks, but
doesn't have the "backup" feature that REX provides. I use them both.

Regards,

Peter

<snip>